Tuesday, November 3, 2009

DVD Rundown: What a Horrible Week in DVD

I'm fully aware there's no wit to that title, but since I thought Up was coming out today, the fact that it's not has me looking down on all of this week's movies. Damn do I hate the post-summer, pre-award season lull.

G.I. Joe (full review)
What a poorly put together piece of crap. I went in with my expectation level at 0 and was still disappointed. Not even Joseph Gordon-Levitt could save this one. Maybe if I was 5, I would like this movie. Then again, that's kind of insulting to 5 year old Bryan. That kid likedTerminator 2 and Aliens at that age. What awesome taste. I wonder what happened? FINAL VERDICT: Um, it sucks.

I Love You Beth Cooper (full review)
I stand by my original sentiments that this movie, while not good, was not the god-awful piece of trash that everyone seems to say it is. There were a few laughs, and some solid sentiments in it. Not offensively bad, and not a complete waste of time. FINAL VERDICT: There are some redeeming aspects to it, but at the end of the day, not enough to check it out unless you're a big fan of someone involved (the main reason I saw it is Hayden P.)

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (full review)
This is a solid thriller that is worth one watch. Denzel and Travolta are both very good and had they switched rolls (and maybe hired a new screenwriter) this could have been up there with Tony Scott's other films. Based on that statement, maybe my liking this movie has more to do with that I like Scott's style than the movie itself, but who cares? FINAL VERDICT: No rewatch value, and extremely predictable, but good rental for general audiences (so much condescension in that term).


No comments:

Post a Comment