Tuesday, September 15, 2009

DVD Rundown: I Love You, 17 Year Old

17 Again

A suprisingly fun and enjoyable kids that works just as well for whatever adult is accompanying them. Despite being a High School Musical douche, Zac Efron has some really great moments, especially between him and Leslie Mann. FINAL VERDICT: A good rental to watch with the family, or alone if you’re a weirdo.

I Love You, Man

I crushed this movie when it first came, focusing mainly on how it was nothing more than crude jokes strung together without character and how the final emotional punch was not earned. All of that was before I had to sit throughThe Proposal and The Ugly Truth, so I’m my feelings will have changed. FINAL VERDICT: Definitely should rent it (I’m going to re-watch it and expect an update if my feelings greatly change), but as it stands, it lacks the depth to make it anything more than a series of funny jokes.

UPDATE: So, I rewatched I Love You, Man and liked it a lot. I stand by most of what I said in my review, I just overvauled the problems and undervalued what makes it work. Has more depth than I originally gave it credit for, but still not as deep as some say it is. Worth a purchase though for fans of this style of comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment